Actual conversation with Rachel last night:
Rachel: I saw fireworks this weekend. I cried.
Mommy: Really? Why did you cry?
Rachel: I was scared. I cried.
Mommy: Why were you scared?
Rachel: They could hurt me.
Mommy: Who did you see fireworks with?
Rachel: Azlyn (a girl in her class at school)
Mommy: What did the fireworks look like?
Rachel: They looked like a garbage truck.
Mommy: What color were they?
Rachel: They were a green garbage truck.
Mommy: What did the garbage truck do?
Rachel: It got the poopy diapers out of the trash. That was yucky!
Mommy: Who got the poopy diapers?
Rachel: The boys in the garbage truck.
Sound a little loopy? Add to that the fact that she did not see fireworks this weekend (nor has she ever), that we have never told her what fireworks are, and that she was asleep well before any fireworks started this weekend and slept soundly through all of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What an imaginative little girl. Never would I have thought that Rachel could tell such a story at such a young age. Wow!! I am so impressed at what she notices and how well she expresses herself. I love that sweet little girl and miss her so much. Seeing her on "The Turney Family" blog is great. I love her "big girl" bed. I wonder how she sleeps with so many of her "friends" in bed with her. Tell her that Nana loves her and hopes to see her soon. Oh, and just so you know, I love you, Paul and Francine and, soon to be making her appearance, Leah. And Paul, what a lovely goodbye to your beloved dog, Delane. She was always so patient and loving. I was brought up thinking that animals had no souls, therefore, could not go to heaven. I feel as you do now, since Maggie has been in our life. I hope we will see her too someday, when we all get to heaven. Take care. Love, Mom
That is so great!! love it...hope to see you again soon. take care.
That is too funny! I can just hear her say all that in her booming voice.
Love, bubbe
That is sooooo funny. How did you keep a straight face? Noah is just starting to talk so I can only imagine what conversations are coming our way!
Post a Comment