Monday, July 28, 2008

Reading is Fundamental

On Wednesday, Rachel got a book in her Chick-fil-A meal called Duck for President. On the way home she read it to me in the car. She held the book up as high as she could and proceeded to say, "dusta, huna, eena anna" and "in the jungle there was a little bunny/ducky." (We think she is imitating the teachers at her school when they read a book to the class.)
It was highly entertaining, but I haven't been able to get her to do it again until tonight. Here's Rachel preparing to read the Baby Einstein classic Baby MacDonald on the Farm.

Here she is reading it. "Dusta, huna, eena, anna." "DEE END!"

Yes, Rachel has 8 barrettes in her hair. Mommy put them in per Rachel's request. When I got on to Mommy for complying she replied, "Come on, I had a girl!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out LeadingtoReading.org it's a great site for toddlers!

I came across your site because of your last post title. The creator of LeadingtoReading.org is Reading Is Fundamental (RIF.org).

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Francine does have a point there!!