Dear Friend,Thank you for being such a loyal companion and family member for 10 great years. When I was young someone told me that animals don't have souls. I don't believe that for one second. If you won't be waiting for me in heaven, I'd rather not go. All of your pain is gone now and you are probably chasing tennis balls and herding sheep.
You had many nicknames: Delane, Delaney, Doglane, Dumlane, Douglas, Doug, Doggers, Dogleg, Puppy, Puppers, Baby Girl, Old Girl, Doggie, Dilauded, Dingle.
You chewed up many things: diapers, gum, pens, highlighters, shoes, carpet, rawhide bones and pig ears. You were always happy to see us. You were so good to Rachel and patient with her when she aggressively gave you love.
Saying goodbye to you was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do, but we know it was for the best. We hope you accepted our final gift to you with a smile in your heart. We hope you don't miss us as much we miss you, because we don't want you to have to feel this pain.
Goodbye Delane
4 comments:
Paul,my heart hurts with yours. These pictures bring back so much happiness from Delane...her smile....her loving ways. The piece you wrote to her is absolutely beautiful and heartfelt. My heart even felt it. We loved Delane so much, too. Jaycie is so sad she is gone. Have you heard about the rainbow bridge where dogs go to run and play until the day they see their owners and they run to them in joy to cross the bridge together toward eternity. I love you, Paul. This shows you pure, good heart. Love, Lynn
I loved that dog, I am sad for you.
paul, i know how it feels to lose a pet. Tiger was a big part of our family and we miss that cat everyday. Our hearts are with you and fran, and rachel. Just know that delane is in heaven with tiger playing together and with grandaddy. We miss you guys and think of you all often. We love you all.
love cousin lexie. P.S come to ga and see us sometime.
as a fellow dog lover, my heart is with you.
Lua
Post a Comment